WHY JOIN APP?
As drivers of economic growth, facilitating trade and generating thousands of jobs, ports of the Pacific Ocean share a common vision: To provide an efficient, fluid, and cost-effective supply chain in a safe, environmentally sustainable and economically viable manner. The Association of Pacific Ports (APP) assists Member Ports in achieving this vision by enabling the sharing of best practices and lessons learned, peer-to-peer networking, and professional development. Supported by Associate Members who provide a diverse range of solutions for both port operations and management, the APP is building partnerships throughout the Pacific.
APP member benefits provide a number of vehicles for you and your colleagues to network, promote best practices and raise awareness of challenges and opportunities.
Industry Representation and Collaboration — in addition to working with like-minded organizations on initiatives that improve facets of your business and the maritime industry, the APP participates in government and industry forums as well as key industry events (e.g., Clean Pacific, GreenTech, Seatrade, Pacific Marine Expo), not only to provide representation for Pacific Ports but also to ensure important information is shared throughout the membership.
Networking — through conferences and workshops, the APP provides opportunities for you to meet your counterparts from around the Pacific, learn through the sharing of best practices, and to develop life-long relationships with your peers. Promotional opportunities for Associate Members are also a key part of our agendas through presentations, distribution of materials, and table-top displays designed to heighten awareness of your products and services.
Communications & Marketing — all members are invited (and encouraged!) to:
- Submit articles, press releases and activity updates for Pacific Ports Magazine as well as our semi-monthly e-news updates and our frequently updated website. Not a writer? That’s okay, we can help.
- Three months free web banner advertising on pacificports.org as well as six e-news banner ads (with greatly discounted rates for additional advertising).
- Discounted rates for advertising in Pacific Ports Magazine.
- Opportunities to present at APP Annual and Winter Conferences.
- Discounted rates for attending conferences and workshops.
- Participation on themed panel workshops.
Questions? Contact Jane McIvor (firstname.lastname@example.org / 604-893-8800) to discuss your priorities and ideas.
Filling the form below to apply Membership. Contact information is listed on the form. APP’s membership year runs August 1st – July 31st. Dues for new members are pro-rated on a quarterly basis.