June 21, 2021 — Please click HERE for complete recruitment brochure.
Summary: Reporting to the Sr. Deputy Port Director, Real Estate & Port Development, the Director administers the Port’s real estate functions (leasing, development, maintenance), which also includes managing the Port’s electric utility, Foreign Trade Zone, and fire protection services. This position collaborates with executive team regarding the Port’s strategic planning activities through analysis and provides recommendations as to the best use of Port land, facilities, and capital resources. The ideal contender will be a key member of the Port’s leadership team with potential for upward mobility within the department and the organization.
The Port of Stockton has several critical projects under way that the new Director of Real Estate and Port Development will be heavily involved in:
- The Port is continuing its efforts to acquire the remaining 555 acres of the Sharpe Army Depot in Lathrop, CA, from the federal government. The Port continues to be active with local, regional, State, and federal groups to satisfy the conveyance requirement under Federal law before the sunset deadline in early 2022, for the Port to acquire the property.
- Leasing activities including projects related to new build construction and expansion activities. Projects may include multi-million-dollar investments by private companies wishing to do business at the Port of Stockton.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a “hands-on” position that requires the ability to produce work related items, such as the ability to draft and finalize Board reports and exhibits, create and conduct executive and Board presentations, and other necessary business correspondence. Delegation of duties is limited due to small staff size.
Location: Stockton, CA
Educational Requirements: The equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree (graduate degree is preferred) in business or public administration, finance, real estate, marketing, or related field.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible experience managing position-related planning, development, and environmental activities.
- At least three (3) years of experience shall have been in a senior management role.
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of land use planning, land development regulations, and construction principles and concepts.
- General knowledge of maritime and rail operating practices preferred.
- Principles and procedures of data collection and analysis; principles and practices of business management.
- General knowledge of federal and California environmental laws and regulations; the working of local, state, and federal regulatory agencies; and contract negotiations and administration.
- Commercial and industrial real estate, appraisal and asset management and property management principles and practices.
- Methods of contract and lease negotiation, preparation and processing of property and real estate agreements.
- General knowledge of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Federal, State and local laws and regulations pertaining to real estate agreements.
Compensation & Benefits: Base annual salary range is $151,440 – $200,640, depending on experience. Benefits include car allowance ($500 per month) and excellent benefits.
Key benefits include:
- 3:1 match on retirement plan
- CalPERS Medical coverage including 12 PPO’s/HMO’s to choose from
- No paycheck cost sharing for dental and vision insurance
- Dental benefits through Delta Dental
- Free basic life and AD&D coverage at 2 times annual salary up to $350,000
- Up to 100% college tuition reimbursement for relevant college degree(s)
- Benefits account for approximately 47% of salary
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to Jeff Dvonch, Shey-Harding Executive Search, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.shey-harding.com, (562) 252-8515.
- The initial review date for submissions is Friday, July 16, 2021.
- Generally qualified candidates will be contacted by the executive search firm for a screening and will be asked to complete an application.
- Qualified candidates will be required to complete software skills testing (Word, Excel, Power Point) and receive passing scores to move forward in the process.
- Panel interviews for top candidates will be conducted in late July/early August 2021.
- The position will remain open until filled.
- CA Driver’s license and ability to obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential).
- Real Estate License preferred.
- Complete job description available upon request.
Please click HERE for complete recruitment brochure.