May 11, 2021 — A live webinar, hosted by the Vancouver Island Economic Alliance (VIEA) in partnership with the Port of Nanaimo, DP World and Westwood Shipping Lines highlighted the shipping opportunities for international trade on Canada’s Vancouver Island. The webinar featured special guest speaker the Honourable Rob Fleming, British Columbia Government Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure and focused on the Foreign Trade Zone Vancouver Island.
The webinar promoted opportunities by asking:
- Is your import or export logistics chain experiencing delays and costing you additional fees?
- Are you seeking a better way to move your freight directly from Vancouver Island to export markets around the world?
- Do you import your supplies or finished products to Vancouver Island and you’re looking for more options to make your logistic chain more efficient?
- Did you know that an Ocean liner service calls directly to Vancouver Island?
- Did you know that a regular barge service connects Vancouver Island to deep-sea marine terminals in the Port of Vancouver?
- Did you know that Duke Point Terminal expansion is a $105 million private/public investment with $46.2 million from Canada’s National Trade Corridor Fund (NTCF), and $15 million from BC’s Economic Recovery Plan?
The webinar can be viewed below.