Port of Brookings Harbor is nestled into a banana belt located at the mouth of the Chetco River and is considered a fisherman’s paradise with the safest bar on the Southern Oregon coast and also offers a fuel dock, ice house, retail stores, and restaurants.
The Port is Oregon’s southernmost port, and is located just a few miles from the California border in Curry County, Oregon. It occupies approximately 60 acres of marine and related property a the mouth of the Chetco River on the Pacific Ocean and covers roughly 400 square miles from the mouth of the Pistol River, south to the Oregon-California border, and east to the Curry-Josephine county line.
The Port of Brookings Harbor is proud to be designated as Clean Marina by the Oregon State Marin Board.
The Port serves as a central point for some of the finest fishing in the country. With two world-class rivers within five miles of the Port and the renowned Rogue River only 25 miles away, fisherman can find Snapper, Ling Cod, Halibut, Salmon, Albacore Tuna and, Dungeness Crab almost year round. A permanent Coast Guard facility is located on the mouth of the Chetco River.
At a glance
- Full Service Marina — 650 moorage slips (on the south bank of the Chetco River, just south of the City of Brookings) ranging in size from 2o to 40 feet with accommodations for larger vessels available at Transient Dock. Amenities include a six-lane launch ramp and travel-lift services, shore power, fresh water hook-ups, a sanitary pump-out station and full-service fuel dock.
- Full services for the Commercial Fleet — home to a vibrant commercial fishing fleet, the commercial docks will see Dungeness Crab, Oregon Certified Shrimp, Salmon, and bottom fish throughout the year. Facilities include access to the boatyard, commercial docks, ice house, and cold storage facilities.
- Ocean Front RV Park and Camping — Beachfront RV Park, located at the Port of Brookings Harbor, is one of the few RV parks that enable you to park right on the beach and, it only needs to be seen to be appreciated. Relax to the sound of the surf, scent of the salt air, and the feel of an ocean breeze. It won’t take long to find you have discovered a unique RV park paradise on the ocean. Beachfront RV Park was built in 1968. Over the years, with the help of Oregon State Park grants, the RV Park was reconfigured to it’s current state.
- Great shops and restaurants along the Boardwalk.
- The Port of Brookings Harbor District covers over 400 square-miles.
- The assessed valuation of the Port District is $968,000,000.
- <The Port of Brookings Harbor represents over 75 percent of the population base for Curry County.
- The Port of Brookings is the busiest recreational Port on the Oregon Coast with more than 31,000 bar crossings and more than 95,000 recreational users annually.
- The Port has more than 5,000 commercial fishing vessels that visit the Port annually.
- The Port moves more than 20 million pounds of bait, fuel, ice and fish products across its docks annually.
- Because of its location and geographical configuration, the Port of Brookings Harbor is the safest bar on the Oregon Coast with more than 280 passable days per year.
- The Port of Brookings Harbor is classified as a shallow-draft harbor. Shallow-draft harbors are defined as those with 14 feet or less depth.
- Shallow-draft harbors are dependent upon commercial and recreational fishing to maintain port infrastructure.
16330 Lower Harbor Rd
P.O. Box 848
Brookings OR 97415
Telephone: (541) 469-2218
Port Manager — Gary Dehlinger (email@example.com)
Harbormaster — Travis Webster (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Leadman — Brent Ferguson (email@example.com)
Financial Officer — Kim Boom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Haul out / Equipment — Danielle Shepard (email@example.com)
Roy Davis (Chair)
Richard Heap (Vice Chair)
Sharon Hartung (Secretary/Treasurer)