The Port of Benton fosters economic development, trade and tourism by providing quality infrastructure and multimodal transportation at a variety of sites. The Port of Benton was founded in 1958 and has aspired for the last 62 years to be one of the premier inland port districts in the Northwest and we are proud of what we have accomplished.
The Port of Benton holds over $90 million dollars of total assets within its district located within its 13 site areas. Overall, the Port manages 2,756 acres, 50 buildings, two airports, and rail and barge facilities. The properties support over 3,290 direct jobs with an approximate payroll of $200 million.
At a glance
- Real Estate — In addition to owning several buildings and shovel ready lots ready for development at Richland Business Park (sites ranging in size from .5 – 140 acres), the Port of Benton owns and operates the Technology and Business Campus, consisting of 40 buildings, four of which are “incubator” small business development buildings. These buildings offer support for light industrial, lab and manufacturing space to new businesses.
- Airports: Richland Airport and Prosser Airport provide three runways.
- 1 Barge Slip & 1 High Dock: Features a depth of 15 feet, one berth, cargo handling capabilities, and rail-served.
- Rail: The Port of Benton has 15 miles of short line rail is managed by Tri-City Railroad company.
- Crow Butte Park — a 275-acre park with 50 full-service campsites, a playground, three boat launches and a boat basin accessible via motor or river traffic.
3250 Port of Benton Blvd
Richland, WA 99354
General email: email@example.com
Executive Director — Diahann Howard, PPM
Port Counsel — David Billetdeaux
Director of Finance/Auditor — Danielle Connor, CPA
Director of Economic Development & Government Affairs — Miles Thomas
Facilities Manager — Ron Branine, CPMM
Director of Special Projects — John Haakenson
Director of Real Estate — Teresa Hancock
Airport Manager — Joe Walker
Director of Marketing — Wally Williams
Senior Accountant — Veronica Serna
Administrative Assistant — Sheri Collins
Administrative Tech — Summers Miya
Jane F. Hagarty, President
Robert Larson, Vice President
Roy D. Keck, Secretary