November 25, 2020 — The Port Alberni Port Authority (PAPA) is accepting proposals from parties to enter into a lease agreement for a facility adjacent to the Fishermen’s Harbour Office in close proximity to the new The Dock+ Port Alberni Food Hub for commercial purposes.
The facility had historically been used as a residence for a Fishermen’s Harbour marina caretaker. Changes in PAPA operations, priorities and increased activities at nearby facilities, particularly at the new The Dock+ Port Alberni Food Hub, have determined that the highest and best use of this building is commercial activities.
Examples of such a priority commercial activity PAPA would like to attract may include:
- Business activities compatible with those of the nearby The Dock+ food hub such as:
- Retail sales of locally-produced food and beverage products
- Café, bistro, lounge, food & beverage outlet with a menu that highlights locally-produced items; especially those produced in The Dock
- A combination or collaboration of the above
- Office for marine business, that may include industrial, commercial, recreational or tourism activities
- Other professional services businesses that would be compatible with and benefit from a desirable, central Port Alberni waterfront location
The subject property is located within close proximity to the new Port Alberni Food Hub, branded as The Dock+ at 3140 Harbour Road in Port Alberni, BC. The subject property is located on the edge of Fishermen’s Harbour Marina beside the marina office. The entrance faces the marina office parking lot with direct access from Harbour Road.
The subject property is a standard double wide mobile trailer originally designed to be a residence. The current, 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, galley kitchen and living room space, with a large wooden outside deck overlooking Fishermen’s Harbour measures a total area of 1,134 square feet.
In addition to the advantages of its location beside the Dock+ the subject property is also located directly beside Fishermen’s Harbour and Tyee Landing & Pier. The subject property sits within a short walking distance of the popular Harbour Quay retail, tourism and hospitality area in the middle of Port Alberni’s waterfront as well as the historic Port Alberni Train Station and numerous other new retail, residential, food & beverage developments in the Lower Argyle Street area.
For more information, please see the attached document (pdf).