Pavement Technical Solutions, Inc. (PTS) is a full-service pavement engineering, management, inspection, testing, and evaluation firm dedicated to customer service. Founded by Brian J. Orandello, with over 25-years of experience, PTS provides innovative engineering solutions that reduce project costs and maximize performance. Our team brings extensive knowledge and expertise to every project, combining proven technology with unrivalled customer service. PTS delivers successful projects to clients worldwide. We have worked at numerous military and commercial airports, defense bases, highways, intermodal ports, and heavy industrial facilities from as far east as Japan to as far west as the entire state of Hawaii. The PTS team has over 300 years of combined experience ensuring that the right skill set is available for each project. PTS consistently delivers results on time and within budget while meeting its customers’ needs.
- Pavement Management Systems (PMS) — PTS offers a wide range of PMS services for roads, airports, and seaports as well as both maintenance and asset management systems.
- Pavement Inspection — PTS has the specialized experience and ability to conduct either a Network-Level pavement condition survey or a Project-Level pavement condition survey.
- Roughness Profiler Testing — PTS has completed development of two custom built, state-of-the-art roughness profilers. Our profilers are capable of recording the data necessary for analysis of Single Event Bumps and Profile Roughness of runways and taxiways per FAA Advisory Circular 150/5380-9, “Guidelines and Procedures for Measuring Airfield Pavement Roughness.” The profilers can also measure runway grooving geometry. Custom ProGroov software provides summary grooving statistics for groove width, depth, and spacing over specified section lengths.
- Non-Destructive Deflection Testing (NDT) — PTS has the capability to perform Non-Destructive Deflection Testing (NDT) with either our in-house Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD) or our in-house Heavy Weight Deflectometer (HWD).
- Pavement Evaluation and Design — PTS has the ability to conduct both Network-Level and Project-Level pavement evaluations for new pavement structures and for rehabilitation projects of both roadway and airfield pavements.
- Technical Training Courses — PTS has the ability to conduct pavement training, research, and software development projects for airport, highway, and seaport pavement systems which supply its clients with the required information and tools needed to design, build, repair, and maintain better performing and longer lasting pavements, while optimizing costs.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) — PTS has the ability to develop and manipulate GIS shapefiles for pavement networks. GIS generated maps allow for the graphical display of information contained in a pavement network (airport or roadway). PTS utilizes the latest versions of AutoCAD Map and ArcMap to create and manipulate shapefiles at both the section and sample unit level for a pavement network.
- Construction Consultation — PTS personnel have years of experience and the ability to conduct on-call construction consultation to handle any Contractor Requests for Information (RFIs) and any potential plan and specification modifications during the bidding and construction phases of pavement repair and rehabilitation projects. PTS also offers quality control and construction inspection services.
- Geotechnical Investigation and Engineering — PTS has added experienced geotechnical staff and we now offer geotechnical investigation and engineering services. Our staff has both local and national experience performing geotechnical evaluations for roadway subgrade investigations, subgrade stabilization, large rock cut slope design, shallow and deep foundations for both transportation and vertical construction projects, slope stability analyses, landslide stabilization design, and retaining walls.
43133 Huntsman Square
Ashburn, VA 20148
94-1221 Ka Uka Boulevard
#108, Box #321
Waipahu, HI 96797
153 Delta Lane
Colliers, WV 26035
Brian Orandello, President/CEO