Lynker is a mature, full service environmental marine science and technology firm with an expansive West Coast, Alaska and Pacific Islands presence that creates and delivers innovative services and products needed by ports everywhere. We offer our fellow APP members and their partners unique breadth and depth in scientific research, advanced technologies, environmental assessments, and practical know-how to implement intelligent solutions that balance multiple priorities, maximize return on investment, and actively address emerging needs.
- Policy and Regulatory Compliance (NEPA, ESA, MMPA, state, local, and territorial)
- Marine, Ocean, Watershed, River, & Coastal Management
- Environmental Assessment & Restoration
- Climate Hazard, Risk, Impacts & Adaptation
- Hydrologic Modeling, Analysis, and Hydro-informatics
- Scientific Information Systems, Geospatial, and Related Technologies
- Aerial, surface, and Underwater Drone Technology and Operation
- Communications, Facilitation, Outreach and Education
- Protected Species Observation and Impact Assessment
- Port User and Adjacent Community Survey Expertise
Lynker has many success stories. The following are selected stories relevant to ports:
- Vessel Maintenance Program Development for National Marine Fisheries Service.
- CO-OPS PORTS (Physical Oceanographic Real-Time System) system that monitors meteorological, currents, and water level data to ensure safe and efficient maritime commerce.
- Cutting edge IT/Robotics support for the Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Modular Optical Underwater Survey System.
- National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics data analytics system modernization including database maintenance, ETL development, data quality verification, and visualization, analysis and governance.
- Deepwater Horizon Injury Assessment that quantified miles exposed to shoreline oiling and accelerated coastal erosion rates.
- Jamestown (CO) and James Creek Master Plan for rebuilding the town, restoring the stream, and protecting against future events.
- Long Beach, CA – facilitated program management between OCS, IOOS, universities, pilots, and Long Beach oil refineries, defining project requirements and securing funding for system maintenance. The project included a high-resolution sea floor survey, new buoys, and a wave model, which fed a real-time ship motion model developed by the NOAA Weather Service. This project has resulted in millions of dollars in extra material brought in on each ship by increasing the allowable draft. A fully ladened Ultra Large Crude Carrier (Length over 1,000’ and Beam of 200’) with a draft of 67 feet in a channel of 76 feet successfully transited to the Tesoro pier.
Please contact us for more information:
West Coast and Pacific Office:
740 Moowaa Street, Suite G
Honolulu, HI 96817
Sarah Pautzke, Scientist and Lynker (APP Point of Contact), Lynker’s Marine, Ocean, and Coastal Science Information Group and Sustainable Pacific Program — SPP@lynkertech.com
202 Church Street, SE / Suite 536
Leesburg, VA 20175
Telephone: (855) 596-5371