April, 2022 — Liftech Consultants Inc. and McKay International Engineers are excited to announce the merger of our industry-leading engineering and project management expertise in the maritime and material handling sectors. After 52 years of working closely together on hundreds of projects, McKay and Liftech have formally merged our companies to serve our clients’ structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering needs as a single entity, Liftech Consultants Inc. based in Oakland, California.
The merger allows us to better serve our clients by drawing from an integrated multi-disciplinary engineering team with unified management and administrative support. Clients will benefit from a single-firm solution for communication and coordination between multiple disciplines.
The combined Liftech team can efficiently and professionally meet our clients’ needs for project planning and needs assessment, technical specifications, bid and technical proposal evaluations, conceptual and detailed designs, design review, manufacturing review and oversight, factory commissioning and site testing assistance, owner’s acceptance, warranty support, condition assessments, repairs and modifications, maintenance, appraisals, failure investigation and analysis, and expert witness services for:
- Wharf and terminal infrastructure including structures and power utilities
- Ship-to-shore container crane structures, machinery, power systems, and controls
- Container terminal equipment including RTGs, RMGs, ASCs, IYCs, MHCs, and transporters
- Bulk handling equipment such as stackers, reclaimers, ship loaders, ship unloaders, transfer systems
- Floating cranes, revolving cranes, shipyard cranes, and specialty construction cranes
- Automated terminal machinery
- Specialty structures and machines, e.g., heavy lift and shoring systems, floating facilities
With the addition of Liftech Shanghai Limited in 2014 as a subsidiary incorporated in China, we also provide a presence in Shanghai for projects throughout Asia.
Liftech’s New Team Members
Read more about McKay International Engineers here.