In 1981, the Commonwealth Ports Authority (CPA) was created and tasked with managing and operating all the airports and seaports throughout the Northern Marianas. CPA is responsible for three airports and three seaports on the islands of Saipan, Tinian and Rota.
At a glance
- Port of Saipan — 2,600 linear feet of berthing space with a 22-acre container yard. Amenities include dockside lights for nighttime operation, refrigerated containers outlets with backup power source, seawater fire-fighting system, two fuel storage facilities, three freight forwarding companies and three shipping agents, improved navigational aids and repositioned harbor buoys to mark the safest route into port with the assistance from the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Port of Tinian – Three finger piers available for berthing plus a small boat ramp. There is one stevedoring company available at the Tinian harbor plus a fuel bulk plant operated by Mobil Oil.
- Rota West Harbor – Sixteen 22-foot boat slips with quarantine, customs and immigration services available as well as one stevedoring company and two storage companies.
- Saipan International Airport – Serving Saipan, Rota & Tinian, this Airport can accommodate wide-bodied aircraft on a runway that is 8,700 feet long, 150 feet wide with a parallel taxiway and connecting taxiways. Amenities include immigration and customs processing with direct flights arriving from Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, China, Guam, and the Philippines; 24-hour operating air traffic control and aircraft rescue fire-fighting personnel/equipment plus a major duty-free concessionaire; six car rental companies, an experienced caterer providing service for flight kitchen and restaurants. Open 24/7.
- Tinian International Airport – Serving inter-island travel from Saipan, Rota, and Guam, the Tinian Airport currently accommodates single engine aircraft with capacity of up to 9 passengers. The runway is 8,600 feet in length with a parallel taxiway and two connecting taxiways at each runway end.
- Benjamin Taisacan Manglona International Airport (Rota) – Serving inter-island travel from Saipan and Guam, current aircraft at the Rota Airport includes an ATR 42 aircraft with capacity of up to thirty passengers as well as eight passenger Navaho aircraft. The runway is 7,000 feet long and 150 feet wide, capable of handling 757’s or 727’s with restricted landing and takeoff load. The terminal can accommodate 100 passengers at any given time.
PO Box 501055
Saipan, MP 96950 CNMI
Executive Director: Christopher S. Tenorio
Port of Saipan Manager’s email is Rodney.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tinian Ports Manager: Antonio L. Borja Email: email@example.com
Sharlene Manglona’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors:
- Kimberlyn King-Hinds, Chair
- Pete P. Reyes
- Roman T. Tudela
- Thomas P. Villagomez
- Barrie C. Toves
- Joseph M. Diaz
- Ramon A. Tebuteb