December 11, 2022 — The Republic of Marshall Islands Ports Authority has posted a number of career opportunities over the past few weeks…
- Marshall Islands Maritime Investment Project — Project Maritime Engineer and Maritime Safety Specialist
The Government of the Republic of Marshall Islands has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Marshall Islands Maritime Investment Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) will support the PIU Project Manager, other MIMIP personnel, and RMI Ports Authority (RMIPA) to effectively implement the World Bank-funded project. The duties will include but not limited to: Review the Port Security Plan and provide recommendations for ISPS compliance; Manage the implementation and training required for IMO conventions mandatory to RMI focusing on SOLAS and MARPOL following the MIMIP financed Strategic Plan recommendations; Capacity building by assisting the port authority and other agencies on other various marine safety issues; Capacity building by developing marine engineering training programs aimed at women in the maritime field, and other duties. This consulting assignment is a full-time international position to be located in Majuro, RMI. The detailed scope of services is indicated in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment, which can be obtained at the email addresses given below.
The Republic of the Marshall Islands Port Authority (RMIPA) now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (attach curriculum vitae with description of experience in similar assignments, similar conditions, etc. including a Cover Letter of no more than four (4) pages addressing individually the mandatory and desirable experience and qualification requirements below). The criteria for selecting the Consultant are:
• Bachelor degree in Nautical Science or other Marine Related degree
• Marine Engineer certificate First Class (motor)
• Minimum of 5 years as: chief engineer on a ship or marine facility and senior maritime safety inspector
• Experience in the establishment of maritime training facilities and curriculum to STCW standard
• Experience with international maritime organizations
• Experience with marine spill investigations
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Experience in projects funded by multilateral funding agencies such as the World Bank or ADB
• Work experience in the Pacific Region (experience in the Marshall Islands will be considered more desirable)
• Technical safety inspection of small maritime facilities
• Advising small island nations on maritime safety issues
• Experience in writing technical reports
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, dated July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“the Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours; 0900 to 1700 hours local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) by December 21, 2022.
MIMIP Project Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: (692) 625 8269
MIMIP Project Officer
Email: email@example.com / Phone: (692) 625 8269
- Chief Financial Officer
Job Summary: Directs the accounting and control functions, reporting the results of operations and provide chronological systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement accounting policies, coordinates systems and procedures, and prepares operating data and special reports, interim and year-end financial statements.
• Maintains RMI Ports Authority’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all transactions and assets.
• In conjunction with the Director, coordinates, reviews and endorses budget proposals, discuss proposed and significant changes.
• Assures protections for all assets of RMI Ports Authority through internal control, proper security and disaster recovery measures, and assuring proper insurance coverage.
• Recommends the appointment of independent public accountant and overseeing their audit work. Establishes and recommends fiscal policies to fulfill the company’s financial objectives.
• Prepares consolidated monthly and annual financial statements, ensuring the company’s true financial status is reflected.
• Prepares annual operating budgets and monthly variance reports.
• Prepares cash flow projections, summarizing receipts and disbursements.
• Arranges for the auditing of the company’s accounts at the end of each fiscal year.
Analyzes and recommends strategies or policies to reduce expenditures and increase revenues to conform to budgetary goals.
• Manages and updates vendor accounts and general ledger accounts.
• Records and monitors inventory receipts and issuance, depreciation and amortization of assets.
Qualifications: Bachelor degree from a recognized college with a degree in accountancy. Preferably Certified Public Accountant (CPA), with at least three years of experience working as an accounting manager or other related field. Has excellent computer skills and can work with Microsoft applications without supervision.
Filing Instructions: Submit a cover letter and a detailed CV via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off at the main office c/o: Human Resource Manager no later than Friday, January 6, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
Additional positions and RFQs can be found on the RMI Ports Authority Facebook page.