APP Fly-In, Fly-Out Seminar
"Land Use at Pacific Ports: Balancing Trade, Industrial, and Community Needs"
Thursday, November 6, 2014
Courtyard Marriott San Diego Old Town
San Diego, California USA
Our recent Fly-In, Fly-Out Seminar, "Land Use at Pacific Ports: Balancing Trade, Industrial, and Community Needs," was packed full of valuable information on land use and real estate issues facing Pacific ports. With ports of all sizes controlling real estate near municipalities, attendees learned how to balance their port’s traditional trade and transportation needs with the modern pressures of the surrounding community’s needs and adjoining land uses, how to maximize the value of port real estate, how to properly develop and manage properties, and when it makes sense to work with municipalities for revenue generation of non-traditional port uses for both short and long term.
Attendees also learned what's new at other ports and networked with colleagues!
Click here for photos (or view the slide show to the right).
A special thanks to our expert speakers for the seminar:
- Randa Coniglio, Executive Vice President of Operations, Port of San Diego, California USA
- Rachel Vandenberg, VP, National Director, Ports and Intermodal, Dewberry
- Jack Hedge, Director of Real Estate, Port of Los Angeles, California USA
- Joel Valenzuela, Executive VP of Operations, Port of San Diego, California USA
- Lisa Loftus-Otway, Research Engineer/Scientist, University of Texas at Austin Center for Transportation Research
- Kim B. Puzey, General Manager, Port of Umatilla, Oregon USA
- The Seminar will also featured an open forum for attendees to discuss land use and real estate issues with their Pacific port colleagues
- Randa Coniglio, Port of San Diego
- Jack Hedge, Port of Los Angeles
- Joel Valenzuela, Port of San Diego
- Lisa Loftus-Otway, University of Texas at Austin